The Untended Garden

Turning an unkempt clay tennis court in Eastern Iowa (zone 4b/5a) into a big, beautiful garden. Also, taming many ugly areas on our 1.6-acre property. We moved here in 2003 from an apartment in Chicago with a deck and three planters, and a few houseplants.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Before, During, and After


I originally thought that I'd be able to post a lot of "before and after" photos here. But when our roadside ditch was a forest of thistles, it looked so horrendous that I didn't think of photographing it. I'm much more aware of recording the pre-beautified (butt ugly) bits now. Here's a "before" to go with the May 24 photo. It's the north end of the tennis court, just before the final section of the old rusty fence was ripped down (here the huge climbing rose is using it as a trellis), before we built the stone beds. The common element in both pictures: three potentilla bushes along each photo's lower edge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home